Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have tried everything I can think of, to get my old dot-matrix

Customer Question

Hi... Have tried everything I can think of, to get my old dot-matrix printing again.
Have an AP-5000+ ESC/P 2 - that has - up until now, worked perfectly for years.
Using a couple CPUs, (Dell XPs: 4400 & 4600); both FAIL the same.
Can send a document to it, see it the print que OK - status "Printing", But it does NOT.
In a few minutes, get an "Error", and hangs there. Click on Cancel, and will, but later.
Have went thru ALL the steps in it's "trouble-shooting", performed every thing suggested.
Even removed LPT1, reactivate it, tried different printer cables, connected "directly", and
not shared. Previously, had them all sharing - via a home network - just fine.
Suspected printer driver problem, SO reinstalled the AP-5000 several times.
I'm at a loss...
Have used various Epsons, over many years.. Currently, my "Epson Stylus CX7000"
works fine on 1 XP, connected by USB cable, and my new Dell Window-7 via my network
to the above XP.
Got on your website, just today; downloaded the users manual for the AP5000. Haven't perused it, yet. Probably should have, before contacting you all. Registered as:
Gene Preston ***@******.*** --- Via, which you may contact me if you prefer.
Thanking in advance, for any help you can provide. (Sorry, that I'm a bit wordy..)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary check (if have not been done) is to let the Epson perform a self test. This would help rule out / confirm an internal hardware issue. Please click HERE.Post back results / observations of the above self test once tried.