Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a canon IPF8300 printer. It has been working with out

Customer Question

I have a canon IPF8300 printer. It has been working with out a fault. We got the message "check the printer power connection, and then from the printer menu select the printer again." The printers power is on, I don't see a problem, but it wont print the job.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Well, I think you might have to reset the printer. First, pull the power cord on the printer, sharply and suddenly.That should turn it Off. Then leave it that way for 1 hour or longer.Also pull the printer's cable, at both ends, then plug the printer cable in again.And restart the computer.Then, after that interval (1 hour or longer), plug it in to the power, again.Turn it On if needed.See if that helps. If it doesn't, go to the printer's queue window, and use the queue window's controls to clear out the queue. Then try sending a simpler print job, e.g. from Notepad, and see if the printer still refuses to print it. If the printer still refuses to print in the same way, then you may have a 'broken' printer, unfortunately, in need of either servicing or replacing.How old is the printer? measured from its date of purchase.