Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Using a Canon pixma pro-100. I fed a 4x6 canon plus gloss II

Customer Question

using a Canon pixma pro-100. I fed a 4x6 canon plus gloss II reversed (glossy side back instead of facing front. It came out very wet with ink. Now all prints have a purple-blue cast. The long brush in the front compartment of printer is very wet with dark purple-blue ink. This brush is about 1/2" wide and is the width of the printer. What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much for your help. Ed Leand
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Im sorry to hear about the issue you are facing Ed.
We definitely need to do some manual cleaning. Do you have any shop cloths, or lint free towels that you dont mind throwing away? Paper towels dont work so well as they tend to break apart.
First, remove all the ink tanks from the printhead. When you remove them, look inside the printhead area and gently clean any excess ink in there.
Then, left the grey lever and remove the printhead. ( be gentle when you are setting it down, as it has micro nozzles on the bottom that are very easily damaged)
Now, in the area under the printhead. wipe clean any areas that have ink on them. If you see sponge thats overflowing with ink, that will need to be sponged dry ( use another sponge, such as a dish sponge and press against the sponge )
Also, with the printhead removed you should be able to see some of the paper rollers.
Try to open any areas of the printer you can easily open, and clean the ink as best you can.
When youve got as much as possible out of the printer. Reinstall t he printhead, and then the cartridges.
Now, start running blank paper through the printer.. If you feed a blank sheet, how much ink seems to be on it. How about if you feed 10 ? Is there an Improvement on the amount of ink by the tenth?
I realize we may need to reply back and forth on this issue for a while before we can solve it, so dont hesitate to ask questions or tell me what your seeing / doing so I can assist further.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.