John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Ihave a epoon xp100 printer I have just installed a new cartridge

Customer Question

ihave a epoon xp100 printer I have just installed a new cartridge ( magenta ) from my supplier cartridge direct , it is a xp 200 and is the same as all my other cartridges . The printer won't recognise it , What dpi I do ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
The ink cartridge is probably defective. If you re-insert the old cartridge, do you get the same "not recognized" error? Or do you get "empty cartridge" error?
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have disposed of my old cartridge , the news one arrived in the mail today .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken to Cartridges Direct who say this is most unusual ,however if you (Epson) feel that that is the problem you will give me a reference number and they will take over the issue of a new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the new cartridge out several times , shaken it . tapped it , sacrificed a chicken (for lunch ) and it still will not WORK .
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I apologize for the long delay. Some printers don't "detect" generic inks. If your printer used to detect them, then an update may have changed that.
Or if you use genuine Epson inks but get the same issue, then the printer is defective, unfortunately. If the printer is out of warranty then it wouldn't be worth to repair it.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!