Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do get a an epson workforce 3620 out of recovery mode

Customer Question

how do get a an epson workforce 3620 out of recovery mode
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Before we get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using. Windows XP, Vista, WIndows 7, Windows 8, or a mac? And if its a mac please check your OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, when was the last time you remembered your Epson was working correctly? Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OX 10.10.3 about 3-4 days ago
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Epson has made a firmware update to fix the machine when it gets stuck in recovery mode. Unfortunately, you cannot download or install it from a mac. ( unless you are running WIndows 7 or 8 on your mac using Bootcamp or parallels )
So to fix the error, you need access to a windows 7 or windows 8 machine, and you need to connect your epson to the windows 7 or 8 machine via its usb cord.
Then go to this page.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=232591&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_8-64
And download the firmware update located in the firmware section. Once you install that firmware update with the printer connected, it will fix the printer and get it out of recovery mode.
If you have any further questions or run into any issues. let me know.
Thank you~
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot find firmware at this site
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I can help you locate the firmware. Keep in mind however. That there isnt a firmware that will work on yosemite .. 10.10
( that doesnt mean that the printer cannot work on yosemite, all that means is that we cannot install the Firmware Fix using a mac!)
To find the firmware file, when you go to the page I selected, make sure your operatiing system is set ( on the epson page ) To Windows 8 64 or Windows 7 64 bit.
Dustin S
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is not working out for me. I want to stop your services.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I seen previously that you had requested a phone call. I tried to send the offer and I am not sure if you seen it, ( it hasnt been accepted ) Would you like to speak over the phone to help simplify the process? Or a much preferred method. I can connect directly to your mac from here and help show you the correct file. ( though you still must have a windows computer in order t o install the firmware update into the printer, to fix the issue ) With that being said. The solution I have outlined for you is the correct solution. It will fix the printer when carried out as Ive mentioned. And save you from having to purchase a new Printer. I wont respond again if you dont reply. ( No reply meaning youve chosen not to continue ) I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.