John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My xp710 keeps saying cassette 2 needs paper ...and if cassette

Customer Question

My xp710 keeps saying cassette 2 needs paper ...and if cassette one has paper it goes to cassette one to print ..if cassette one not inserted it says cassette 2 needs paper ( then it might say printer is busy or might say error ..appreciate advice
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does cassette 2 have paper in it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes it does I tried again using my mobile and it did print on a4 cassette 2 ... Whereas using iPad it kept going to cassette 1 even though setting was on cassette 2 and paper in both cassettes...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You did not mention it was happening on an iPad before. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Did you still need assistance with this issue?
If so, do you have a mac or windows pc available to help us change some default settings within the printer itself?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Dustin S