Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Printer won't print - orange light staying on - have Lexmark

Customer Question

printer won't print - orange light staying on - have Lexmark 4850 with wireless setup - tried troubleshoot - no luck - right now I've connected the USB - printer and desktop is on
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Question.. With the printer connected via USB will it print?
Also, did you recently change your wifi router.. Change internet service provider. Or change your wifi password?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Dustin S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - none of the above
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Lets try something simple to start with. On your windows 7 computer, click the start menu, click programs, then look for the lexmark 4800 series folder. Click the folder to open in.. In the folder locate the wireless configuration utility Click the wireless configuration utility to start it. See if it can find your printer, and if so, re enter the wireless password ( or connect to your wifi network again ) using the wireless configuration utility.. Let me know if you run into any issues completing the above steps, or if you get stuck, or if they dont work send a reply and I will assist you further as needed. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put the ssid number in but don't know how to locate the wireless password ***** where is it
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
The wireless password, should be the same one you use t o connect to your home wifi network. If you are running windows 7, and if your windows 7 computer is connected wirelessly. You can find out the exact wireless password ***** follows. http://www.howtogeek.com/116934/how-to-view-that-forgotten-wireless-network-password-in-windows/ Let me know if you run into any issues finding your wifi password. And if you do find it let me know whether this helped fixed the issue, or if we need to continue working on it . Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how many digits should be in the wireless password? where can I find it ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure if you seen my reply of a few minutes ago.. I will repost it below~ The wireless password, should be the same one you use t o connect to your home wifi network. If you are running windows 7, and if your windows 7 computer is connected wirelessly. You can find out the exact wireless password ***** follows. http://www.howtogeek.com/116934/how-to-view-that-forgotten-wireless-network-password-in-windows/ Let me know if you run into any issues finding your wifi password. And if you do find it let me know whether this helped fixed the issue, or if we need to continue working on it . Thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
way too complicated for me - just forget it - I'll see if I can get my neighbor to come work on my problem - please void this request for service Dustin and I do not want monthly enrollment in justanswer.com - please acknowledge that this charge will not appear on my card and I will give you a great rating ! wish you could have helped me !
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
The page above was very clear, contains Pictures showing you each step. And takes less then a few minutes. Also, my suggestion to use the lexmark configuration utility, will get the printer working again. Im giving you correct answers and help for the specific issue you sought help for. Normally, thats not a reason someone would want to cancel and get a refund. With that being said, you can file a refund request using the link below. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund I do hope you are able to resolve the issue , and that you are able to enjoy the rest of your weekend. Dustin S