Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My Epson XP810 printer has an error code:Ox10. What must I

Customer Question

My Epson XP810 printer has an error code:Ox10. What must I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
This error pertains to a scanner fault, which is almost always an internal hardware failure, meaning the scan head assembly is jammed up or a logic board failure. In rare cases, it can be caused by an obstruction. If you lift the lid over the glass and look inside with a flashlight, do you see any foreign materials inside? Scraps of paper, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I see no foreign objects.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking.If you see nothing inside (no physical obstructions) then it would be an internal hardware fault, which isn't surprising to see as the result of damage from a power surge or even just from normal wear and tear for a 2 year old model (they are built for only a 3 year service life maximum).The one remaining step you can try is to fully reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseFailing that reset process, it would confirm an internal fault, which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately, once the 1 year warranty is up, these units just are not worth fixing. You'd be looking at a $200-250 repair job, while you could replace it with a brand new printer with a fresh warranty for around $80.If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYCThe workforce models tend to be better built than the expression series.Best regards, ***** ***** for the bad news,Nathan