John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

HP LaserJet M605dn Laser Printer - Monochrome - 1200 x 1200

Customer Question

HP LaserJet M605dn Laser Printer - Monochrome - 1200 x 1200 dpi Print. When setting up the printer and following the directions my computer will not recognize the printer and a message "Hardware ID Missing" shows up. I have been able to get 5 other printers to work with my computer but this one does not. I have had the computer company attempt to hook up and they could not either. They changed the Formatter in the printer and it still does not connect and I get the same error message. Why do I get this message and how do I get the printer to connect with my computer. My computer motherboard is a Gigabyte 297X-UD3H Black ATX LGA1150 297 DDR3 PCI-E16 PCI-E8 XFIRE/SLI SATA3 USB3 HDMI
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
- Does the HP LaserJet M605dn printer work with any other computers, lately? (or, is it new and untried?)
- Is it networked to your computer, or is it to run directly, by USB cable connection?
- Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on your computer?
- (And, if a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)