Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Epson WF-4630 is now giving me error code: 0x91. There are no prior error messages before

Customer Question

Epson WF-4630 is now giving me error code: 0x91. There are no prior error messages before the error code. I've tried powering down, unplugging and rebooting with no success.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Please let me know that do you get the error on the printer or on the computer
also let me know the operating system installed on your computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Error code only on printer. OS X 10.9.3 (13D65).
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check
let me know the status once done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Error Code: 0x91 on the printer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
how old is the printer and were there any jams on the printer recently
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The printer is less than 6 months old and have never had any issues. No problem with jams either.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
this error is a service error indicating an internal fault
however just to be sure, please let me know how is printer connected to computer..usb or wireless
also let me know that does this error come up immediately on powering on the printer or when you try to print something
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ma'am. It comes on as soon as the printer powers up.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
since we have attempted a manual cleaning as well as checked for possible jams, it indicates an internal fault with the printer
since the unit is 6 months old and is within warranty cover, i would suggest to get the unit serviced through epson within warranty rather than attempting any advanced steps that may affect the warranty coverage
you may contact Epson at(###) ###-####
Hours:
Mon.- Fri. 6AM-8PM (PT)
Sat. 7AM-4PM (PT)
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot fix an internal fault that requires service
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer