Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Installed a new toner cartridge (TN-2030) into my Brother Printer

Customer Question

installed a new toner cartridge (TN-2030) into my Brother Printer (HL-2130) but the toner light keeps coming back on. What could be the fault?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. On many brother printers, when you change it consumable you do need to reset the error before you can continue. If you pull down the front cover, you will see a blue or red button that you can press down in a hole while turning on. If it is blinking then hold it until it stops blinking. Once that is done the printer should be reset and the error message should be gone and it should allow you to continue working with it. Please let me know if that doesn't help or if you still have questions. Mike