Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Is there a way to clean the printer heads on a zyxel 3p300

Customer Question

Is there a way to clean the printer heads on a zyxel 3p300 label printer when the print is too light?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. You can clean the heads by swabbing it with qtips moistened with pure isopropyl alcohol: http://amzn.to/1BoWgOlNote, this is not the same as first aid kit type rubbing alcohol which contains about 30% water and can damage the head.Clean them well then dry with a blast of compressed air, and run a test print.If this doesn't help, and you cleaned well enough that the qtips come away clean (no black/dark residue) then this isn't a maintenance issue but the heads have overheated at some point or the internal thermal control mechanism is faulty and the heads have simply reached the end of their service life. It can be replaced, but it is typically cheaper to buy a new printer with a fresh warranty.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Advice was partially helpful, but I don't know how to get to the printer heads. Can you explain that without extra charge?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Raise the lid, remove the paper, and the head is visible there just below/in front of where the printed paper comes out. You should be able to get the qtip in there to access it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, and best of luck to you!