Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Dear Sirs:I just bougt 2 Kodak printers VERITE55but I have

Customer Question

Dear Sirs:
I just bougt 2 Kodak printers VERITE55
but I have not been able to make them run in my computer
I have 2 other Kodak oldies 5200 series and they have worked fine for several years
The printers came w/o a disk to install the driver so I have to download online and it was successfully installed
I have windows 7 in my ACER Lap Top
an Icon for you VERITE 55 printer shows up in my screen but when I click on it
it says:
No compatible printers are installed
Why?
I recently registered these 2 printers
Can you help?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I need is that you make it run remotely; can you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In case you cannot install it remotely; please let me know and cancel my request; i will return the two printers
Cheers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody there?
Why is taking so long?
please respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please, answer my question: Can you trouble shoot remotely or not?
If not, please, cancel my request and do not charge my card
2 more minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay
It is over one hour to answer a simple question
You were not capable of answer it; therefore I think you will not be capable of fixing my problem
please disregard my request and Do not charge my Credit Card
I got to got
Thanks for your attention
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I am sorry that your question was not responded to sooner.
I have no power over billing and charges and must refer you, for any concerns about them, to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
They will respond to your concerns with reasonable promptness.
Having two different printers of the exact same model line installed on one Windows PC may not be impossibly unworkable, but is very unlikely to work without problems.
The question is: if you installed the software for one printer, then did you ever connect the printer to the computer?
If you didn't, you won't be able to print to the printer.
If you did connect the printer, was the printer turned On, and is it turned On now, as well as connected?
Then, if that's all 'Yes', you should have a working setup for printing to *one* of those two printers. (Note that if you disconnect one printer from the computer, and connect the other one, it may not work at all... the second printer may not work at all... because of the individual identity of the first printer being in the printer's driver, and it won't 'recognize' the second printer, even though it is of the same model... with some manufacturers, this might not be a problem, but it is a problem with most printers I have heard of that this has been tried on.
If you still wish to be helped with this problem, let me know. (Remote Support may not be appropriate for this problem, since making sure the printer is connected is not something that I could do remotely.)