Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a Kodak P460 Personal Photo Scanner that I want to use

Customer Question

I have a Kodak P460 Personal Photo Scanner that I want to use on a second computer and I have misplaced my software disk. Can you help>
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble. Unfortunately, this isn't actually a kodak product. It was made by a low end electronics company called PanDigital, which went out of business in 2012, so there is no longer any support in terms of parts, software, or technical help for these devices.
You can try using it without the bundled software though. If you just plug it into the usb port of a newer (win7/8) computer, it should be recognized and load some generic drivers. You can then use it with the built in windows photo/scan wizard to scan photos.
Best regards,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,