Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My MF5770 has a paper jam leading from the paper tray. The

Customer Question

My MF5770 has a paper jam leading from the paper tray. The sheet is jammed such that I must somehow loosen or remove the bar at the point of feed. How can I loosen this to remove the paper?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What does the display say right now?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, the toner cart is removed as is the feed tray and its cover is open so the message is not relevant. it reports that the cover is open. At the start of this problem it said the paper was jammed. And it was. one sheet had tried to feed and jammed and another tried to feed. I was able to remove the first sheet but the second was and is jammed at the throat from the feed tray.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The error is always relevant as it tells you where in the machine the paper got caught and jammed. I apologize since you did not give me the error I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Gee, thanks. When I re-install everything and try to print a tyest page the error say:REC PAPER JAM.

So, who knows how to fix this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello? Is anyone working on this problem? I would appreciate your assistance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Freddy M. opted out because my response to his question was not detailed enough for him to understand. He just quit. I am quite disappointed. I need an expert who can help me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When a sheet tries to feed from the paper tray it immediately encounters paper bits stuck at the throat of the feed just above the tray. The only way I can see to access the jam would be to remove a philips head retaining screw to release the bar but I don't want to screw it up in case there is an alignment requirement that I wouldn't understand. I would like some advice on how to proceed.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

can you send me a picture of where it is jammed ?

Usually its just a bar to keep the paper aligned and you can just unscrew it and pull it up or off then screw it back on. But if I saw it I could tell you for sure

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response - sure beats what Freddie M did. I could wait no longer (your answer came early this AM and I needed the printer yesterday) so I found another expert who solved my problem.

I guess I had a much higher expectation of "Just Answer". I was hoping for an expert who actually knew this model printer. Canon's info is not helpful. I am a software engineer who works with many different printers but this one had me stumped.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

sorry about that, I got in as soon as I saw the question open. There are so many printers out there now. I remember when everybody had one of maybe 3 HP models and I could tell you everything about it. Now I just look at it usually to see whats involved

anyway I hope you will give me a good rating or you can email *****@******.*** for a refund