Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My printer 9440 laser, drum errors, the printed page has smears

Customer Question

my printer 9440 laser, drum errors, the printed page has smears of ink down the right side of the sheet. It error code mention the green tab need to slide across the area. The green tab doesn't move very far. I have jams and ugly printouts.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, is the error code 7D?Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly:• dirty corona wire in the drum unit;• faulty drum unit;• electronic faults, click HERE.Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you only gave me what i told you. I don't know how to slide the green tab. It doesn't move across the drum. I need to know how to do this.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
As above, is the error code 7D?
...and:
• dirty corona wire in the drum unit;
• faulty drum unit;
• electronic faults, click HERE.
Have you at least tried replacing the drum unit?