Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The paper jammed. I pulled it out from the front than I noticed

Customer Question

The paper jammed. I pulled it out from the front than I noticed the message saying open the back and pull out the paper. No paper is jammed now but the printer thinks it is and will not proceed. I opened the back and closed it but this did not help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the printer. Still, the described symptom then of "...No paper is jammed now but the printer thinks it is..." almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, a failed/dislocated paper (path) sensor. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, would you be comfortable opening up and working on the insides of the printer?