Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Dustin.I have an Epson WF-7620 printer. When I power it

Customer Question

hi Dustin.
I have an Epson WF-7620 printer. When I power it on, I get the error code 0x9a.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the error happens immediately after power-On, or nearly immediately, then the question about that is, does the carriage move at all before the error code appears, or does it not move?
The code is for a hardware failure of some sort, and not one that generally responds much to what the owner can do for it.
Open the printer and examine it for anything that might be jamming up the works. And examine the corners (or any place) for evidence of dust and sticky dirt, that might be obstructing the workings.
If the carriage moves a little, or begins to move, when the power is turned On and before the error message appears, then examine as to whether there is a thin plastic strip inside the printer near the carriage (and, ideally, threaded through it, and ideally also, suspended between the ends of the space that the carriage moves left and right within... ), and if it is not broken, nor flopping about loose within the printer, then it might need being wiped - carefully, so as not to break it - with a tissue moistened with rubbing alcohol, or a bit of soft rag cloth similarly moistened and gently used - until quite clean.
And the usual thing to try, is turning it Off, unplugging it, and leaving it overnight (or longer), to see if it is any better the next morning.
Let me know a little more about the problem too - how old the printer is, whether any event preceded this error, etc. More information might suggest more things to try for the problem. Thanks.