Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a cannon MG3220. All of a sudden the printing is misaligned.

Customer Question

I have a cannon MG3220. All of a sudden the printing is misaligned. The first line is offset about 1/16" to the left; the next line equal to the right. Left-right-left down the page. I rebooted, uninstalled, and reinstalled, turned the printer off; no fix. Do you know? Thanks. JF
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
The computer that you are printing from. Is it a windows xp, vista, windows 7, windows 8, or a mac?
If its a mac, please check the osx version as shown below.
Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am running windows 7 home premium. Thanks. JF
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.
Next question. Does the printing offset occur no matter what program you print from.
Such as, does it only happen with microsoft word?
Does it happen when you print from notepad, or from this webpage directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interesting. The problem I described was from word and a sudoku website. I just printed from outlook, excel, adobe and another web page and they all came out with a different problem where each letter is transposed about a 1/16 to the side. Making it a ghost-jumbled font, like a shadowed font, but less readable. I printed a photo from windows photo gallery and it looks OK. Thanks. JF
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, sounds like the printer needs to be aligned.
Lets start with the link below.
http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=53704
You can get to the printer driver properties , by going to your start menu, devices and printers. And then right clicking on the Canon printer itself.
You have printing preferences, and printing properties. The link above should walk you through the alignment process.
If you run into any issues completing the alignment, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have to drive to the airport now. Will be back in 3 hours or so. Will try your advice then. Thanks. JF
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood, and drive safe~
I will keep an eye out for your replies throughout the weekend to see if the alignment resolved the issue, or if you need further assistance.
Dustin S.