Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

I have a Fuji Xerox Docuprint CM205fw.Because of the high

Customer Question

I have a Fuji Xerox Docuprint CM205fw.
Because of the high cost of consumables I have used cheap toner.
It now does not print correctly. It now prints very very light on black only which makes it unuseable.
I have tried replacing the black toner with 2 different makes (clones) but it is still printing very lightly.
Other colours appear to print/copy ok with the non standard colours.
Can this be fixed easily? Given the high cost of original toner should I buy an original toner cartridge and hope for the best?
Is it likely to be another problem. Should i pull it apart and clean everything?
Please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
If the printer is printing just fine with no blops or clots, the toner just requires a setting either on your computer or the printer for the ink to print darker. It's very easy to find it.
Let me know, I can also connect to you and get that squared away for you.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive tried print darker settings on the printer and it doesnt make any difference. Is there anything else? I would have thought this could be a common problem.
Are you printing from a computer? If so then it will not matter on a printer, only on the settings of the computer in the Printer Properties.
To test this, get a dark print page and do a copy of it on your printer and see if it comes out just as dark.
Let me know.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris but the copy function prints just as light as the print function for black only. Colours seem to work OK but probably not as strong as normally expected. Do you think it is the toner quality? Is there an adjustment to print black darker. The lighter/darker setting on the printer doesnt make any noticeable difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris you didnt respond to my latest comment. Your 2 responses to date has not helped me at all.
Maybe you can refer this to someone who knows this multifunction printer.
If there is a process to fix this please advise steps or show screen shot of where this needs to be adjusted.

Yes there is a setting to change to make it darker. What is your operating system on your computer? For ex. Windows 8.1. Let me know if you want me to show you via remote support.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that the computer will change the printing parameters so that it not only prints darker but also copies darker. Remember I said that the setting on the printer to make it darker didnt make any difference.

Yes correct. The driver installed to your computer is now the main driver installed into your printer so it will effect the ink.

Chris