Kamil Anwar, Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a new computer that is Windows 8. I can't find my CD Rom set up

Customer Question

I have a new computer that is Windows 8. I can't find my CD Rom set up for my Canon PX882, in order to scan. I have to keep going back to my old computer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Is the printer wireless or is it wired to your system ? Drivers can be obtained without CD.
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is wireless. I have been able to install the Canon quick menu which includes printing. It looks like that should include scanning, but, it does not. I do not want my computer controlled remotely.
Please download, MP Navigator from the link below.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx882#DriversAndSoftware
Install it, and then test to see if you can scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done this, but, let me see if it magically works, this time. By the way, I noticed that I was charged already, even though, you don't know if I'm going to be satisfied with your answer. This alone, is not making me happy.
If you're not satisfied, just let me know here and i will request your refund to be issued. I cannot assist with billing questions because i am only a tech but should you wish to discuss why you were charged, please email***@******.*** or phone +1(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded it ----again. I had already done that before I tried your service. I can print but not scan. Nothing has changed except now I have duplicate applications on my computer.
May i connect remotely and fix this? If i couldn't i'll request full refund to be issued.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want remote assistance from someone that I don't know, and also to be charged an additional $39. A refund is best. What you suggested, I had already tried and shouldn't be charged.
Your issue is not with the software then, and i will not charge you additional for assisting remotely. We are a BBB A+ rated site, you may check on their site. However, i respect your decision and will request your refund.