VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I send a command to my printer and it pops up "error" contin

Customer Question

I send a command to my printer and it pops up "error" continuously. Whenever this has happened in the past, there has been paper jammed somewhere. Now there is nothing evident.
I have a Brother printer - model #L-2140 series; serial number: V61944D9j451595. It is 6 years old.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the error.
Is there any indicator of what the error is?
Please try the steps below:
1. Turn OFF the power switch on the right side of the printer. Unplug the machine from the wall outlet.
2. Open the front cover.
3. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
Note: We recommend that you put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
4. Close the front cover.
Note: Do not put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in at this point.
5. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
6. If paper is jammed underneath the printer, pull the jammed paper down and out of the printer.
7. Open the back cover (back output tray).
8. Using two hands, open the fuser cover by pulling the black tabs on the left and right side toward you.
9. If paper is jammed, pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
10. Close the back cover (back output tray).
11. On the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly you removed from the printer, push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. If paper is jammed, remove the jammed paper inside the drum unit.
12. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put the cartridge in properly, the green lock lever will lift automatically.
13. Open the front cover. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer.
14. Put the paper tray firmly back in the printer.
15. Close the front cover.
16. Plug the machine back into the wall outlet. Turn ON the power switch on the right side of the printer. Wait for the machine to cycle.
17. Make sure that the Error LED is now off. If the jammed paper is completely removed, the printer will resume printing automatically.
18. If the printer does not start printing automatically, press the Go button. If the printer still does not start printing, check that all the remaining jammed paper has been removed from the printer. Then try printing again.
Or you can use this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRIaOTRqmGo
Please chime in and let me know of your results....