Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Changed ink cartridge and still printing very faded and choppy??

Customer Question

Changed ink cartridge and still printing very faded and choppy?? MFC-J6710DW.
Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. How do you Clean?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Press Menu.

Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Ink or Ink Management and press OK.

Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Test Print and press OK.

Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Print Quality and press OK.

Press Color (Colour) Start. The machine will start printing the Print Quality Check sheet.

Once it prints out, check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.

The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK.
Do one of the following based on the print quality of the check sheet:

The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK for Black and each of the three colors. Choose Yes or No depending on the print quality of each color.

The LCD will ask you if you want to start cleaning. Choose Yes. The machine will start cleaning the necessary print head.

After the cleaning is finished, press Color (Colour) Start. The machine will start printing another Print Quality Check sheet.

If all lines are clear and visible, choose Yes to finish the Print Quality check.

If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried to clean the print head less than five times, choose No and repeat the print head cleaning. You should complete the Print Quality Check sheet and print head cleaning process up to five times.

If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried cleaning the print head up to five times, press Stop/Exit and let me know.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Helped a little but still faded and distorted. What's next please?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You could not have done what I said that quickly as I said at th end of my answer:

"If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried to clean the print head less than five times, choose No and repeat the print head cleaning.
You should complete the Print Quality Check sheet and print head cleaning process up to five times."

After that if the same thing is happening it would be a very bad sign which is why I warned you in my very first post you may need a part to fix this.
.