John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can wirelessly print but not scan with a cannon MX452 and

Customer Question

I can wirelessly print but not scan with a cannon MX452 and windows 7. It keep ssaying USB on the printer when I try to scan. There's no usb cable plugged in and I can pritn wirelessly.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Were you able to scan via wireless previously?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. It won't scan, just print.

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no.

If I don't hear back, I'll close the session and stop the payment.

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you, but since you do not want it, I can certainly provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue.

Are you using the program called IJ Scan Utility to scan?

Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, just scanning from the cannon MX452. You don't need utility to do this.

Are you familiar with this machine. This is a common problem.

Yes, I'm familiar with your Canon MX452 printer and most other Canon models and other brands/models also. And I know it's a common problem with wireless scanning not just with this model, but many models also. I know that you can scan from the printer, however, there is a scan software on the computer that you need to adjust the settings, i.e., USB or Network. It's usually about making sure the setting is correct. Can you please click on Start->All programs-> Canon / Canon Utilities, do you see the IJ Scan Utility program?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,