Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a problem with my ImageCLASS mf5950dw printer.

Customer Question

hello! i have a problem with my ImageCLASS mf5950dw printer. It does not function saying there is a paper jam, when there is none. I opened and checked all thesections of it, there is nothing. Turned it on and off, it still claims there is a paper jam. How do I fix this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
When you're getting this error and do not find a paper jam inside the printer, it means that one or more of the sensors is still detecting a paper jam. That could be a mechanical sensor that is stuck, or a photoelectric sensor where there is an obstruction. What I would suggest doing is using a flashlight and looking very closely at the paper path to see if you can find any very small pieces of paper. If you find nothing, you can also try taking a piece of card stock or transparency and pushing it through the paper path with the printer unplugged. This will free anything that you can't see that's stuck in the paper path.
The jam error should also indicate a location so you can target your efforts more specifically. Please let me know if this is the case and I'll continue to help you with it into your question is answered.