Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a canon MP460 IT IS INKING THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE AS

Customer Question

I have a canon MP460 IT IS INKING THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE AS IT IS EJECTED FROM THE MACHINE. wHERE CAN I GET IT REPAIRED IN pERTH?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. You most likely had a cartridge leak, or build up inside from printing on smaller photopaper at times.As an initial step you can try going into the setup menu and look for the "bottom plate cleaning" function and run through that. You can also open up the machine and wipe the insides out wherever you see ink, using paper towels and a bit of surgical spirits/meths if needed to get the stubborn bits. If the issue comes back or persists beyond that, there is an internal leak or other damage such as a bad purge/absorber assembly.At that point, it's time for a new printer. Cleaning/emptying/replacing that assembly is a difficult and messy process as well, best left to a qualified service technician. This service is generally not practical though - it's going to run you $150-250 for repairs, which just isn't worth it for an older printer. This is a 10 year old model, that was built for a service life of 3 years. Repairs would run you $150-200 on average. Given the costs and complexity of fixing this issue, you'd be better off replacing the printer. You can get a brand new and better machine, with current technology and a fresh warranty, for about $80, which makes more sense than investing in the older machine. I can recommend replacement options for you if you'd like, or if you'd prefer to try having it serviced or working on it yourself, I can advise further on those options. Replacement would be your best bet though, economically speaking. Best regards,Nathan