Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do i clear memory job full in workcenter xerox

Customer Question

Hi, how do i clear  job memory full in workcenter xerox 575?

is there a way to clear the memory step by step?

I can not send faxes without clearing the memory.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I am assuming in the following that you have a WorkCentre Pro 575, not some other model with a similar model number.)

Two solutions are listed for the Job Memory Full error message:

1. wait a while for some jobs to complete, and free up memory.

or

2. cancel some pending jobs to free up memory.

Now, you may have 'jobs in memory', in the sense that your fax may have received faxes to print out, but the fax may not be provided with paper, or otherwise be in no state to allow printing out of any kind from memory. So first of all make sure that the paper is provided, the printing facility of the machine is Online, etc. And wait to see whether some faxes print out.

Also, if you have scanned faxes into memory, in order to send them, but your fax's phone line service is either not connected or not in working order, then that might account for why the job memory is full but is not becoming less full with time. So also make sure the faxing facility is online... e.g. by simply calling your own cell phone from the fax, and see if the call goes through.
If that test call does not go through, if your cell phone does not ring nor does it show a 'new message received' after a minute or two, then your fax isn't connected to the phone line, and that might be where the problem is.

As for how to Cancel a Job In Memory:

Press the CANCEL JOB key.
The options should display... choose the one e.g. Send, that applies, then
That would be done by pressing (1) for Send.
Then the first job of that type will be displayed on the screen.
(If no job at all is displayed at this point, you have no job of that type in memory.)
Use the up and down arrow keys to select each job.
When a job you want to cancel is displayed and selected currently, you press ENTER to cancel it. The machine will return to the Standby Mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is not working.

when i press cancel job key, it says "No Entry" on the display.

I tried to call my cell phone and it did call so the line is free and OK.

Is there any other way to avoid the job in memory full?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
So in other words, it is indicating that "Job Memory Full", still, but on the other hand when you press Cancel Jobs it indicates that there are no jobs to cancel ?

Try a hard reset:

- unplug it from the power while it is On, sharply and suddenly.
- leave it that way, unplugged, for 1 hour or more.
- after that interval of time, plug it in to the power again.
- turn the power switch On if needed.
- see what it indicates now.

After which, your Xerox, if still indicating a contradictory status (i.e. Job Memory Full, but also No Jobs in memory... ? ) it needs either repair or replacement, since in such a case it is obviously indicating falsely, in one way or the other.