VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

When I try to print on my Canon MG2220 I get a message "PRINTER

Customer Question

when I try to print on my Canon MG2220 I get a message "PRINTER NEEDS USER INTERVENTION". What do I do?.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue please do the following:
1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press " X ".
2. Click CONTROL PANEL.
3. Select DEVICES AND PRINTERS. The Devices and printers window opens.
4. Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MG3222, then select SEE WHAT'S PRINTING.
5. Go up to the PRINTER menu and if there are any documents in the queue, please select the CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS option. If prompted if you are sure, please confirm that you are sure to clear the documents out of the window.
6. Go up to the PRINTER menu again and if USE PRINTER OFFLINE or PAUSE PRINTING is selected (with a check mark beside it), please click on it to unselect it.
7. Attempt to print again.
Chime in and let me know of your results Sir or Madame.
Just so that we are on the same page. Please use the same forum to continue the process and try not to open another one Sir or Madame.
Now, what is the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok, if the icon on your desktop is gone that is fine. Continue on to Step 6.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed steps 1 through 5 but cannot go beyond. It appears that I have inadvertently deleted
my Canon MG2220 printer from my desktop. Now what do I do?
Ok, please do the steps below:
Open Printers by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Printers.
Right-click the printer that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
If you can't delete the printer, right-click it again, click Run as administrator, and then click Delete. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.
Then reboot your PC. After doing this, then go to:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=232591&infoType=Downloads
Then use the: Drivers and Utilities Combo Package and download it to your desktop. and install it. Also, restart your Printer please when you reboot the PC.
Chime in and let me know of your results....