John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer says scanner error turn off and back on if error is

Customer Question

printer says scanner error
turn off and back on if error is not fixed
visit Epson.com for help
Epson XP-410
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try checking whether the Scanner Lock (or Shipping Lock) sliding switch on the scanner, is thrown to the 'lock closed' or locked position. If so, slide it to the 'unlocked lock' position, and try again.
And, try turning the printer Off for longer than a few minutes. For instance, several hours... unplugged from the power, for that time, preferably. Then turn it On, and try scanning again.
Let me know what results you get, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not work and do not know where the shipping lock is located
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It may be (having consulted the documentation) that this model does not have a Scanner Lock after all.
On other brands, the scanner lock switch is located near the glass sheet of the scanner, and is visible when the scanner cover is lifted.
If the problem is persistent, then is the Epson machine connected to its computer through a network connection? if so, there's something more you could try, to clear the 'Scanner Error'... let me know, if that's the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is connected through a network connection.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks for the information.
It's possible that your network router has restarted, and that the IP address of your Epson device has changed.
Can you print a Network Configuration Page out on the Epson printer? that would show its current
IP Address
and also whether it is assigned by DHCP (in which case, restarts of the router may cause it to change) or else given a Fixed IP address perhaps.
Or perhaps you recollect which you chose when you set up the printer (and scanner), and also perhaps you may know that the router did get reset or restarted.
Let me know... and also, let me know:
What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?
Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?
(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)