Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a canon pixma mg6320. I am getting a support code 6000

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma mg6320. I am getting a support code 6000 and the printer will not operate. What could the problem be and what do I need to do to fix it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
This error code almost always indicates an internal hardware defect, meaning a bad sensor or fault in the paper path (bad motor/gear/belt/etc). In rare cases, it can be caused by a paper jam or obstruction though.
Remove the input paper supply. Open the printer up and blow out the inside with compressed air. Check carefully with a flashlight for any debris inside (scraps of paper, paperclip, staple, etc). Remove and reseat the ink cartridges.
Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did all that you suggested with no improvement. Continues to show the same error message. Thanks for trying
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking.In that case, it unfortunately would indicate an internal fault. Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is at/past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would be looking at $100 or so in labor and $75-100 in parts to replace the sensor assemblies that most commonly cause this; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC Best regards, ***** ***** for the bad news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,