Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Printer keeps telling me that it needs to be aligned every

Customer Question

Printer keeps telling me that it needs to be aligned every time I want to print.
I had replaced the ink and the cartridge was not in the middle, I pulled on the plastic connecting ribbon and was able to obtain the old cartridge and replace the new. Ever since replacing the ink it has not been aligned. Very frustrating!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
If the printer is not aligning then, it can only happen due to hardware problem. Did you tried to unplug the printer and then tried to re align ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, repeatedly comes up Align Cartridges, Load plain paper and press the check mark!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Two things can happen in your case, one if the new cartridges are defective or two if the data cable which connects with the carriage can get loose, as you have pulled it to move the cartridges. As the cartridges are new , you can get replace them free of cost from where you have bought them and then check the result. If the problem persist then, unfortunately you have to repair the printer, because it is not possible to re fix the cable with the carriage at home.
I have given this answer, assuming that, you are following the correct process to align the cartridge, because if you are not following the correct process then, the alignment will fail.