John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have several ix6860 which is used on sugar

Customer Question

hi, we have several ix6860 which is used for printing on sugar paper for cakes. if we set it to greyscale it prints black and greys fine but when we set it to colour and print with colours that are predominantly red and greens etc the black is printed a horrible grey colour instead of black. I am assuming it has something to do with the icm but I cannot seem to resolve it. It does not care what program we print from eg, Corel 16, Corel 14, Adobe illustrator cs13 or even just the program for printing jpegs straight from the computer. It works fine on some prints but dreadful on others. It seems to be a problem with this particular model as our ix4000 and ix5000 work fine. I am sure it is just a setting but I cannot seem to find it. Please help. Thanks, Tim
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it is far from the correct answer. I have since resolved the issue after 4 hours of test printing. The answer is a combination of adjustment within the corel draw printing setup and also adjustments within the printer setup too. Prior to me emailing you I had played with both of the adjustments separately without realising they needed to be done together. As we are graphic artists and printers I suspect our question which was
indeed quite complicated may have been
outside the realm of the average IT experience. Thank you for looking at it. Tim.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Since I did not post an answer it is impossible for it to have been incorrect but I am glad to hear it is solved.
.