Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The scanner on my canon MP830 printer is not working

Customer Question

the scanner on my canon MP830 printer is not working
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
error code was scanner is not operating correctly.
canon mp830
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back if the orange (Alarm LED) is blinking. If yes, how many times please? Still, the only easy user doable try would be to check/exercise a number of times the Scanner Lock Switch. All others would be internal. If so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron? Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual or at the very least, the schematic diagrams?