Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a new canon MG 2922 wireless printer that I have successfully

Customer Question

I have a new canon MG 2922 wireless printer that I have successfully set up to do wireless printing from our desktop. How do I get my wife's IPad to recognize this printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Did you know that the printer you've purchased is not compatible with AirPrint (iPad, iPhone, iPod)? Reference:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311
There is a workaround that may work for some non-Airprint printers. It may or may not work, but I can provide you the workaround if you'd like to try.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok; what's the workaround?
Thank you. Please make sure both the printer and the iPad are connected to the exact same Wi-Fi / wireless network name
, then go to App Store on the iPad, then type / search for the app called Printer Pro Lite then download/install it. Then you can open it and it will test if it works with your printer. If yes, then you can type/search for the app called Printer Pro and install it; that app costs $6.99.
If needed, another printing app you can try in App Store is PrintCentral.
If it does not work, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,