Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an Artisan 837 and the Control Panel Screen is bright

Customer Question

I have an Artisan 837 and the Control Panel Screen is bright white, how do I get it back to normal
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Is the panel responding to any touch commands?
Does the printer still print normally from the computer or make a copy?
Can you make out anything on the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Screen bright white and blank

Made a copy cause I knew where the icon was for that on the screen

won't print from the computer

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so it did respond to your touch command for copy, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If so, this tends to indicate an internal hardware fault, meaning the lcd display panel is faulty (backlight is on, but no visual signal generated). There is no setting that would make the screen bright white like this, so it isn't an adjustment you can make, what we can try is a reset process though.reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseLet me know the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

already carried out a reset, didn't work

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try this specific and exact reset process, if it differs at all from what youv'e done already. Beyond that, unfortunately, that really leaves only the possibility of a hardware defect, meaning the lcd panel (as I mentioned earlier) or the logic board that controls it, has failed. As this is a 2011 model, it is already past its expected 3 year service life, so seeing this type of fault just from age related wear/tear or as damage from a power surge, is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the entire front panel assembly, which costs about $125; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.Best regards,Nathan