Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

How do I print 4x6 printers with Canon Read more: http://www.justansw

Customer Question

How do I print 4x6 printers with Canon IP6700D printer? The software does not give me this option. My options are 3.5 x 5; 5x7; 8x10; Borderless (which is 5.5 x 8).
I am using Canon Utilities Easy-Photoprint Ver 3.6.0 in Windows XP Pro environment.
This has been a frustration for so many years that I do not know why I did not ask you before!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We can chat.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a58c39cc-9220-4392-a068-712df6c9d6c6

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chat only; no remote connection.

I'm sorry, with remote support, you can watch everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Bureau Business website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the steps for you. But per your request, I can certainly provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue.

Can you click on Start->Control Panel->Printers...
, then right-click on the Canon printer, then click on Preferences
, then look around for the paper size option or something similar, then see if you can set up a custom paper size there.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Been there, done that...

I want to print 2 - 4x6 prints on an 8.5 by 11 inch picture paper.

I'm sorry, I did not know you've tried that already. In Preferences, does it have the option to check / uncheck Borderless? If yes, does it more paper sizes and/or custom when you check and/or uncheck Borderless?

And/or in Canon Utilities Easy-Photoprint, does it have the option to check / uncheck Borderless? If yes, does it more paper sizes and/or custom when you check and/or uncheck Borderless? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The answer to both questions is NO.

I'm sorry, can you unplug the Canon printer, uninstall the Canon printer in Control Panel -> Add/remove programs, and delete the Canon printer, if still show, in Control Panel -> Printers...

, then download and install the latest Printer Driver at the Canon website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip6700d#DriversAndSoftware

, then check the printer's preferences again.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could do that, but I really doubt the problem is the Printer Driver.

I believe the issue lies in the software; it simply does not give me the option for 4x6 prints. They are the commonest print size in use and the option is not there! Unbelievable.

Why would you think the problem is in the driver and not in the software?

Yes, the issue is in the Canon Utilities Easy-Photoprint software. However, as you can see, the paper size you want or custom option is not even shown in the printer's preferences, so I think the issue is in the printer driver also. I'm thinking if the latest printer's driver has more paper sizes or not.

Or you can try this first: Can you download and install the GIMP photo software at the website below, then see if the GIMP program gives you the paper size you want or custom paper size.

http://download.cnet.com/GIMP/3000-2192_4-10073935.html

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Too late to try that first.

The canon driver is removed

To reinstall they want me to exit everything and I will then lose contact with you.

Or... I could try and install without exiting everything.

You can get back to me via the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email.

Also, please remove the (Canon) Easy-PhotoPrint... program in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs, then download and install the latest software Easy-PhotoPrint at the same website:

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try this.

It is getting very late here... about midnight.

I will try and get back to you tomorrow, unless it goes quickly and easily.

Thanks.

You're welcome. OK, if it's done before you go to sleep, let me know. Otherwise, we can continue tomorrow; I'm available starting noon time tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I shall be happy to 'rate' you after we succeed or fail.

Goodnite.

OK. If it does not work, please try the GIMP software also:

I will help further or help you with anything other computer question/issue as you need. Good night! Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I chatted with Viet.The results of performing all of your suggestions was not successful.

My problem is longstanding. How do I print 4x6 printers with Canon IP6700D printer on an 81/2 by 11 inch Picture Paper?

The software does not give me this option. My options are 3.5 x 5; 5x7; 8x10; Borderless (which is 5.5 x 8). I am using Canon Utilities Easy-Photoprint Ver 3.6.0 in Windows XP Pro environment.

I have concluded the software whether my original version that came with the printer or the newer 4.5.0 version - that neither has the capability of printing 4x6 pictures on an 8.5 x 11 Picture Paper. I have only one option and that is to purchase 4x6 Picture Paper and print one at a time.

I have uninstalled the software you recommended and reinstalled the original software.

I would like a refund of my money and will have the pictures printed at Costco or Walmart.

Reference for you:
Your Username is: *****@******.***
Your OrderID: 15317366-783
I'm sorry. You've tried both the new driver and software right?
I'm really sorry about the limitation of the Canon Easy-Photoprint software. Did you also try the alternate software I've provided previously? But I can certainly cancel this per your request. Thank you.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

it has nothing to do with the printer driver.

that handles 4 x 6 paper and 8 x 11 paper which is what you want to print on

it is the software that has to resize the picture to 4 x 6

you might try different software or just resize the picture first rather than trying to do it through there print time selection

in fact windows should do it

just highlight the picture or pictures you want to print in the my pictures folder

click on print

then select the paper size as 8.5 x 11 letter and the picture size as 4x6 and it will give you 2 per page.

I am able to log in remotely and show you how to do it very quickly if you want to pay a little bit extra

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have already paid Viet $35. I cannot get any more responses from him. I would like a refund of my money. Pictures printed at London Drugs. Problem not resolved with most up to date software. I cannot use the recommended alternate software, requires SP3. I don't want it; have SP2 installed. I won't pay more money. Want refund. Viet said he would refund; can't seem to make contact with him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My life is very busy, I cannot respond or remain on here for long periods of timel You read my last post. The alternate software you mentioned requires that I have SP3 installed on Windows XP Pro. I have SP2 and do not want to install SP3. Therefore it cannot work either. The options you suggest don't work, are not available. I always format and adjust my photos before printing in Adobe, etc. I'll work only with Viet. Do not make me rate you poorly or block you. I've worked in computers/software 30y.