WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

Error code 2700 canon pixma mx922

Customer Question

error code 2700 canon pixma mx922
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
The error 2700 code is a timeout error that occurs when the timing functions fail on the printer. This is a hardware issue.The first thing to try is pressing OK to see if the error goes away. If not, then the printer require repair.I can discuss further when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lovely. I spent $26 to have you tell me that I don't need your service. That is a great way to insure that I will not use your service in the future.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
I have one more step to troubleshoot.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time and result in the timer error 2700.
Use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.Then try to copy again.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
If that works, then is was a dirty roller. If not, then we know that it is a sensor and unfortunately, it cannot be fixed easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Let me know how it goes. Thanks