Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

There, I need to see what some of the documents printed

Customer Question

Hi there, I need to see what some of the documents printed on the Aficio MP 6001 in the past two days were. I can see the documents in the log, but need to see what they actually are. Does Ricoh have a tool for this, or should I pull the hard drive and run it through Encase?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You might well have to use a disk-in-depth recovery tool. If the documents are still stored on the disk, they are most likely fragments in unallocated space.
The question is, what does the Administrator Tool show the value of the setting for
Auto Delete File in Document Server
to be? its default value is
On
and
3 days.
If it is still set to the default settings, then you have a set of documents still stored as files, apparently, and you just need to retrieve the right ones of those documents, to see the ones printed in the last two days.