Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a Canon Pixma IP4700 printer The problem is that when

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma IP4700 printer The problem is that when I select print a photo thecopy paper goes right thru the printer very fast and nothing is printed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.