Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

3315 machine. Keeps saying print cartridge not installed

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I cleaned the contacts
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
How did you clean it? Are you using genuine non refilled Kodak cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a xerox machine and i changed the cart with a genuine xerox cartridge
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok from your original post I thought this was a Kodak machine. I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This particular model has sensors on it that require communication with a chip on the consumables. If it has calculated that the lifetime of the consumable has been used, it will only reset when it sees a new chip from a new cartridge. If you've already checked the contacts and none of them are bent or dirty, then I would suggest replacing that cartridge with a brand-new one. It is possible to get a defective cartridge although it is not very common when you purchase genuine Xerox products. Still, it can happen and before determining that this is a hardware problem, I would want to eliminate that possibility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I replaced it with a new one. I could get it to work somtimes by shutting down and restarting but not anymore.
In that case I'm afraid the printer is going to have to be serviced. It seems that one of the sensors has failed or one of the main PCBs. Is this something that you would be doing yourself? If you have a multimeter and want to get involved with the internal troubleshooting I can probably help you with that.