Kamil Anwar, Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I do not have a wifi PC. I have a dell which is wired in to

Customer Question

I do not have a wifi PC. I have a dell which is wired in to an outdoor satellite dish to access the web and my current HP printer is attached to my pc by wire; however, there are no such wires that came with my recently purchased brother (HL-L2360DW). it seems that this printer is a wifi computer environment. which needs no wiring. unfortunately my computer needs wiring to exist and print and utilize good scanning abilities of printers. I've been told to choose brother over Epson when I made my purchase today. I really do not want to return my Brother printer to purchase. honestly, I want to stay with Brother but, I need something that's going to work for me soon. Making it more challenging is there are no wires in the box the box to attach the printer to the computer. Must I Make more Purchases for wires? If I must I will since, I sincerely ***** ***** printer that works soon. A smart person knows when and how to invest for their best interest and at their best time horizon. getting the best return based on the given risk identified. If I knew that my risk was not having the ability to use my printer onmy non-wifi computer was real, then I would not have purchased this type of printer. I would have invested in a printer that would been easier to use with my computer, as soon as I got home. Now I am uncertain how long it's going to take to utilize this printer with my computer.Tyhuis Computer uses windows xp.Currently its sitting on my den floor not being used at all. I would be very happy for any help that you may offer. I thank you in advance for your help,
Dennis L. Addison
***@******.***
1-***-***-****
P.O. Box 1803
St. StephenSC 29479
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
I will be happy to assist you with the question today, Dennis.
Now a days, most printers manufacturers do not supply the USB cable with it. Be it Epson or Brother, I personally prefer Brother over Epson.
What you will need to do is buy a USB Cable Type A/B which you can do from the link below:
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-2-0-Cable--Male/dp/B001TH7GUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432790068&sr=8-1&keywords=USB+Cable+Type+A%2FB
See image for usb connection:

Once you have the cable, connect it to the printer and the computer, and then run the installation disc which will show further steps on the screen and add/configure the printer to work with your computer.
If you have any questions regarding this feel free to ask, and if i have answered your question, then a rating by clicking the star icon (top of this page) will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks