VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have not been able to print to my Canon mg5220 last

Customer Question

I have not been able to print to my Canon mg5220 for the last few days. I have a 64-bit windows 7 computer with computer and printer wirelessly connected. This evening I have tried to troubleshoot the problem to no avail. I uninstalled my printer from my computer with the hope that uninstalling and re-installing would work. I now can't figure out how to re-install. When I try to add a printer, my mg5220 is not found. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you doing tonight? Thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Please follow the steps below as to how to remove and reinstall the drivers for your Printer.
Please follow the steps below:
To remove devices
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
Tap or click PC and devices.
If you're removing a wired or network device, tap or click Devices. If you're removing a Bluetooth enabled device, tap or click Bluetooth.
Tap or click the device you want to remove, and then tap or click Remove device or Remove.
Then after completing the steps above, please reboot the PC and the Printer.
Then do this:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5220#DriversAndSoftware
Go to the above Web Site. It will detect your version of the Printer drivers. Then install then. After the drivers are installed, reboot the PC.
After the PC comes back up print a Test Page from any document or Wed Site that you can....
Chime in and let me know of your results....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work at all. When I went through the driver download and setup, my printer still could not be detected.
Oh, do you have a USB cable? Is so connect the Printer to the PC via the USB Cable...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am searching for a USB cable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the USB cable that came with the printer. I did plug a two-ended USB cable into the front of the printer and into my computer, but this does not seem to work.
How close is the Printer to the PC???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The PC is a laptop, so it can be as close as needed. Right now it is about 2 feet away.
Ok, reboot the PC and the Printer and try once more...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rebooted and made two more attempts. Same result, still can't detect printer.
OK, we need to get a hold of the USB Cable that came with the Printer... Where in the process does it fail exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a screen shot of what I see. This is after I download the recommended drivers from the Canon website.
OK, let us look at selecting the Wireless LAN Settings. Or would you like remote assist???
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f8a0976c-d80f-4ff2-be5e-3c49bf9a30a5
The above is if you want Remote Assist...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to call it quits for tonight. I ordered a USB cable, it should arrive later this week.
OK, would you want to try a Remote Assist Session later today???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly. However, I probably won't need my printer again this week, so I may be able to wait until the new cord arrives.
OK, I will await your return....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help
You are most welcome.