Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Code(###) ###-####keeps coming up .have cleaned the head and made

Customer Question

code(###) ###-####keeps coming up .have cleaned the head and made sure everything
is tight.(###) ###-####keeps coming up help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model of your printer please?What specific cleaning steps have you taken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wiped off head and replaced it and ink cartridges
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hero 5.1
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately this symptom indicates a hardware problem,specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the a bad carriage pcb or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.There is one step you can take here, to properly clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. These Kodaks are widely regarded as some of the worst printers ever made, they were very poorly designed and built and have very high failure rates. They were so bad that Kodak nearly went bankrupt supporting all the warranty claims, and stopped making inkjets entirely shortly after this model.While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $60, A logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks guess I will look fo a new printer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, and sorry for the bad news today. If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan