Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I just changed out my original HP 6600 ink cartridges that

Customer Question

I just changed out my original HP 6600 ink cartridges that came with the printer but when I go to print a message appears on my laptop telling me the cartridges are invalid... I bought them at Walmart brand-new in the box and it clearly should be Hewlett-Packard not an imposter! Stuck without a printer in South Dakota! Ian
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ian. There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge (check the expiration date on the package), internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc). What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll advise further.Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,