Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

WF-2530 I had a problem with the ink cartridges finally after

Customer Question

WF-2530 I had a problem with the ink cartridges finally after a long battle that is fixed. Now my paper comes through the printer blank on both sides. Please help me. Wendy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Wendy. Are you using new/genuine epson cartridges, or are they generic/refilled inks?Were pages printing properly prior to changing the cartridges?If you make a photocopy, direct from the glass, how do those come out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan, My printer was working fine. My cartridges were needing to be changed. I purchased new ones and the printer would not recognize them. Went to Epson, they said they would send me new ones. I went out an bought another set. The computer wouldn't recognize them either. Two weeks latter there inks came put them in. Computer recognized then but now it won't print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, and sorry I missed you earlier. Just as I did not hear back from you for 5 days after my initial reply, I'm not able to be online at all times either.Thank you for confirming the original cause of the problem. These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head. You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning. I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use. Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is at/past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $125; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $70-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer. That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer. Best regards,Nathan