Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Brother HL-2240D. How do I remove the paper that's jammed

Customer Question

Brother HL-2240D. How do I remove the paper that's jammed in the duplexer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please follow the steps on this page:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=hl2240d_all&faqid=faq00000310_006
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I need a Brother printer tech--the duplexer tray doesen't appear to slide out the front as illustrated in the link.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Not all machines come with a duplexer, if yours has one it does indeed slide out that way. The only reason it wouldn't is if it was damaged and needs to be replaced.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on mine. I've been duplexing for a long time. See photo.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It does, or I have the wrong model number of 2240D, all Brother HL-2240D with a duplexer has a removable one. The link I sent you is diagrammed on that exact model. Which since yours will not come out as I just told you means it is damaged. From the image it looks like the jam may have damaged it. I am going to opt out, since you do not believe it can be removed. Please do not rate or you may not get another reply from anyone else. If anyone else has an idea they will reply the same way I did.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eventually I've discovered the fix. The web site neglected to mention that the access was from the rear, and you didn't notice that the photo I sent was the front.
Dave
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I could not tell it was from the front from the image no, I most likely could have if it was further away but not that close.
.