Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Brother 9840cdw paper jam tray 1 tried 2 hrs fix----no

Customer Question

brother 9840cdw paper jam tray 1 tried 2 hrs fix----no sign of any paper jam
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the paper is not feeding into the Tray 1, but you can hear the machine working on trying to feed the paper in before the error message about a 'Paper Jam' appears... then take these measures - they could well be helpful to the case, in those circumstances:
If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.
Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.
Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.
(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)
Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.