Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am getting the following message from my Canon Imageclass

Customer Question

I am getting the following message from my Canon Imageclass AIO MF 4350 printer:
Bios Mode
Wait updating F/W
alternating with this message:
Bios Mode
2008/07/16 VO.23
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Thanks for the chuckle, though please understand I dont find humor in the grief you are suffering over this printer. The MF = multifunction by the way :)
As far as the printer failure. WHats happened is, there was a firmware update released in Feb 2015. Your printer may have tried to install the update. And failed.
So we need to manually install the printer firmware update and try and solve the problem.
To do so, we need to connect the printer to your computer via a usb cord. ( it cant be done over a network, or via a wireless connection to the printer)
Once the printer is connected to your computer via a USB cord.
Go to this page.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageclass_series/imageclass_mf4350d#DriversAndSoftware
Scroll down on the drivers and software tab , till you see firmware.
Your looking for the Feb 2015 firmware file.
Download it.
Once downloaded. Open that firmware file. Run it, allow it to install the firmware.
Once it completely finishes. **Completely**
Turn the printer off, unplug it.. Wait two minutes. Then turn it back on.
do you still get the error?
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. I am still getting the same error message.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
What did not work.
Could you download t he firmware update?
If so. When you opened the file, and ran it to install it..
Did it give you an error?
Please be as specific as possible with the steps you took and what happened precisely, so that I can try and help you resolve the issue.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the program to download. I hit run. It seemed to only take about 30 seconds. Then I shut the printer off and unplugged it for 2 minutes and when I turned it back on the same message was still there.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
And to be clear.. You had the printer connected by a USB cord, directly to your computer.. When you ran the file?
Also, it may be of use to go by the exact steps provided by canon, as shown here.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.
After you download the file, and run it.. It should then create a second folder with the same name. ( an uncompressed folder )
Inside that uncompressed folder, will be an instructional pdf file. And also the actual firmware update file.
Read the pdf , and then follow its instructions to install the firmware update file.
If you cant work through this process, let me know and I can connect to your computer from here and try to carry these steps out in person.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, my printer is always connected to my computer, it is not set up for wireless printing. I will try it again. Thanks! Gayle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin,This method of trying to fix my printer just isn't working for me. I need to find tech support somewhere else. I am going to request a refund from PayPal. Thank you for your efforts. Gayle
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gayle, the quickest way to request a refund , is to use our in house refund system.
You can request a refund directly from us, at this link.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Dustin S.