Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Trying to resolve an 6A81 error on my canon pixma mg5200

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I have completed payment and log in
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please try the instructions in the link below and check if the issue persists.http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.in/2013/01/how-to-fix-error-6a81-on-canon-printers.html If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will do thank you!
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please do the same and let me know if the issue persists. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I have tried all of those things and none seem to have worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also unplugged and then replugged in the cords
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If the issue still persists, you have to get the printer repaired. It might be the purge unit that is failing. How old the printer is? If the printer is old, it is better to get a new printer instead of getting it repaired. I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is about 5 years old. I will get a new one. Thank you for your time and help. Do I still have to pay for this? I would be quite upset if I had to pay $26 only to find out it needs repair or replacement and you cannot help.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer. There's a two hour shop time minimum charge, with technician time at $US 100/hour. Then add parts - figure a $US 50 minimum for parts. The minimum cost of having a printer repaired is $US 250. The rule of thumb for repair vs. replace is 2/3 of the cost of replacement. Therefore, if you can buy a new printer for $350 or less, you're better off with the new printer. If you would like to get a refund, please contact our customer support. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Good bye.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You are most welcome.. Bye.S H E F I N