Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have an HP Photosmart 7510 on which I've been successfully

Customer Question

I have an HP Photosmart 7510 on which I've been successfully scanning documents from my mac and saving them. All of a sudden, I now get a scanner screen that shows "details" and every time I hit the scan button I get an error message "please select area to scan". I don't know what to do with this. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
It sounds like you are using preview or something similar to scan.
The scan area is the grey dots on each corner.
Move those to where you want them. Here is an example with them at the edges:
https://uknowit.uwgb.edu/images/group91/27856/epson_preview_scan_5.jpg
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any grey dots on the document. When I click on the picture of the document there is no response.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Did you look at the picture example I sent you? The dots could all be bunched up in one corner which would mean you have no scan area set.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did. I have no grey dots on my document.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
If you have not yet click on the show details button and see if you get the dots on the window that opens.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just solved my problem. I have to click on the "detect Enclosing Box"
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That should have been there automatically and after clicking that you should now have the dots to select the area. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.